Sunday, January 16, 2011

Valentine Pop-Up

One of the classes that I will be teaching at Los Poblanos in early February (the 6th) is a combination of three Valentines. The first two are little Paper Pockets, though I haven't done samples of them yet.
The third project is a Pop-Up Valentine Card and today I made a couple of samples.

First I punched out some flowers from paper that I had stamped randomly all over with some of my heart stamps. I think they make great patterns for the little blossoms.

The first heart is cut from another randomly stamped piece of paper. There is a little "pocket" cut into the heart and then (below) you add a few stems with blossoms that will "pop" out when you open the card.
stamped the word "LOVE" with a few stamps

The second sample heart card is cut from "plaid" cardstock......... Fun, isn't it?

It would be a blast to have you ALL here to play with.... maybe one of these days...
Hope you are finding time to do some creating yourselves!

2 comments:

  1. I made something like that once and it had a picture of my friend holding an umbrella over her head as the thing in the pocket, that popped out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jone- These cards are beautiful!!!!! Your workshop guests will all go home very pleased!!!!! LOVE- Oolie

    ReplyDelete