Monday, January 16, 2012

from my history

In the garage at our old house I found a box tucked away in a corner that was filled with treasures from my dad and his dad.......
I was especially enchanted by these little goodies - tiny wooden shoes in two sizes, a wooden spoon with a beautiful little heart painted on it and a box painted the way I would like to paint. These are the kinds of treasures that I would like to make for future generations to find in an old box someday when they are cleaning things out of the garage.....delightful.

It was another exhausting trip to Austin, but we did make progress - packed up lots of things in boxes and loaded them into a storage unit not far away. I think that things will be easier for Mom once all of this is taken care of and she can just "be" at her new place and her full new life.
I think I'll enjoy going to Austin more when I can relax and visit again rather than always having a million things to take care of.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful story, Jone.

    I am having trouble getting the posts by email but trying again. I just love reading your blog because it's a little taste of a real visit with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dear sharyn-
      I think about you so often. Hope you are happy up there in all that SNOW!!!
      Happy New Year to you. Maybe our paths will cross again this year?
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. I just found your blog per the heart embroidery pinned on Pinterest!! I love to embroider and thought this heart was beautiful!! I cruised though your blog and love it!! You are so talented! I would love to spend a couple of weeks crafting with you!!

    God has blessed you very much!!

    ReplyDelete